The Life Style Awakening by:Daphne Clarke-Hudson PhD.
Nowadays, it is taught that humans can replace biological food with medicines. One of these medicines is “multi-vitamins” which hasn’t been proven to have any important health benefits. Moreover, many scientists think that those medicines can cause several health problems.
On the other hand, the best way to keep good health is to get nutrition from food and by consuming a healthy smoothie every day, and many scientists confirm that eating healthy by having a balanced diet with more vegetables is the best way to go. Vegetables are free of cholesterol and a source of vitamins, minerals and body protectors.
Developing healthy eating habits isn’t as confusing or as restrictive as many people imagine. The first principle of a healthy diet is simply to eat a wide variety of foods. This is important because different foods make different nutritional contributions.
Fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes should make up the bulk of the calories you consume. The rest should come from low-fat dairy products, lean meat, poultry and fish.
You should also try to maintain a balance between calorie intake and calorie expenditure—that is, doesn’t eat more food than your body can utilize. Otherwise, you will gain weight. The way you can tell what your body needs is to listen to it. If you feel hungry, eat. If you feel full, then stop eating. The feeling of hunger and fullness (satiation) is your mind telling you when your body needs or has enough food.
In the last few decades, the daily consumption of dietary fibers had decreased, which is fatal for health. Meats, which are now considered as staple food, would have been less prominent in the human diet.
By increasing the consumption of fruits and vegetables, you will notice important improvements in health energy and mental wellbeing. You would also be able to maintain an ideal weight. Below, you can find some reasons why you should give green smoothies and vegetable diet a try:
● Natural weight loss: Green smoothies provide the nutrition, vitamins, minerals and healthy carbohydrates needed to lose weight quickly and safely without having to starve.
● Preventing cancer: The ACS (American Cancer Society) recommends that eating vegetables and fruits every day is the perfect way to prevent cancer and other illnesses.
● Antioxidants: Green Smoothies are a source of antioxidants and phytonutrients which give you the best defenses for diseases.
● Mental Clarity and Focus: This is an obvious and logical result of this healthier diet. It is a perfect alternative to caffeine because it releases energy slowly, compared to sugary foods which give you an instant high, followed by a sharp fall making you hungry again and therefore eat more.
● Clearer Skin: This quality is always desired by females. In fact fruits eliminate toxins the right way it has to be instead of through skin; it (skin) becomes clearer and radiant (less acidity and dirt).
Therefore, and economically speaking, green smoothies save your money and time and boosts your immune system, reducing the risk of being sick.Eating fruits and drinking green smoothies is vital and essential to our well-being and let you live in harmony with nature. (C)
Daphne Clarke-Hudson PhD.
Reinvention Coach & Speaker
Author soon to be released book: The Life Style Wakening